How beautiful it is when the lotus is in bloom！
The Lotus flower is a symbol of peace and eternity. Lotus flowers are usually seen under the feet of deities. This sense of purity of the Lotus flower arises from the flower’s growing habit of rooting in mud and pushing up through the water to bloom.
⭐The right lotus planting method⭐
- Seed treatment: Lotus seed shell is hard and dense,must be manually scraped before soaking. Be careful not to hurt the embryo. See image below:
More about Lotus
- Lotus loves the sun and receives 5-6 hours of light every day
- Keeping clean water is good for lotus growth
- Start with a pot size of 15 cm or about 6 inches in diameter. This will assure good growth and flower production. The smallest pot which may be used is 6 cm or 2.3 inches in diameter – this is only recommended for the experienced grower.
- Expect 3 to 5 flowers a season
- Plant in a well ventilated, outdoor area
- Make sure pot stays full of water – micro lotus will dry up quickly due to their small pot size
- Water is best at a neutral pH ( 7.0)
- If micro lotus are grown under 40% shade, the standing leaves will grow taller.
- Remove old leaves and flowers only when “dead, with no signs of green”. This will encourage new growth.
- Allow for winter dormancy but do not let tuber freeze.
- Micro lotus tubers are very small and usually only have 1 growing point
- Micro lotus are small and therefore produce very few tubers. This makes them a more valuable lotus.
- Under the condition of appropriate temperature and sunlight, it will take about 50 to 60 days from sowing to flowering. Spring and autumn maybe needs 60-80 days.
- 1 × 10 seeds pack water lotus
Questions & Answers
Q:Why can't my seeds germinate?
A:First break the shell of the seed and soak it, which will improve the survival rate of the seed.
Q:Why haven't my flowers bloomed yet?
A:Lotus flower takes time, just like taking care of children. Need to change water regularly and provide plenty of sunlight until it grows up.
Q:Why doesn't the fish tank need mud?
A:Because the mud is rich in fertile humus, it is good for lotus growth. And the excrement of fish can be used as fertilizer for lotus